At Hunter Pet Motel we pride ourselves on supporting other local businesses. All of our facilities were built and furnished using 100% Australian made equipment and supplies. We further employ an environmentally friendly policy by using only recyclable materials such as Breeders Choice Cat Litter.
During the construction period, Hunter Pet Motel liaised extensively with the Pet Industry Association of Australia (PIAA) to build the Hunter Valley’s only fully accredited cat and dog boarding facility. Key to this accreditation process is the regular auditing of our facilities, systems and staff training. Hunter Pet Motel is committed to the use and implementation of the following standards:
- Pet Industry Association Accreditation Program 2017- 2019 Boarding
- NSW Animal Welfare Code of Practice No 5 - Dogs and Cats in Animal Boarding Establishments.
- Membership of the Pet Industry Association of Australia
- Be "Licensed to Operate a Boarding Facility”
- Adhere to the Pet Industry Association of Australia’s Code of Ethics and the Pet Industry Association of Australia’s National Code of Conduct.
When making the decision to board your pet, please consider us as we are the Hunter's only accredited facility. You can feel confident in our expertise as we are a member of the PIAA and remain up to date with the latest animal care information, education and training, enabling us to take special care of your pet.